Join now - be part of our community!

Best DLNA application for macbook ?

profile.country.da_DK.title
michael.mordzinski
Visitor

Best DLNA application for macbook ?

Hi everyone !

I just got a 46nx720 Bravia sony tv. I am experiencing alot of problems with DLNA on the tv, I used several diffrent programs to transfer music and video from my macbook to the tv, never the less its not satysfying.

I used eyetv,twonky and the ps3 dlna ..

Does anyone know a solution to the problem with the different formats ? I mean it seems like sony nx bravia only plays avi or mp3 .. Do I need to convert all my music and videos  ? In ps3 dlna it plays some formats but basically my entire itunes library cannot be played on my tv.

In twonky on my iphone it plays 1/4 of the itunes while the app for macbook doesnt wanna play any of the song, vidoes. I tried to look at the settings of the programs but it doesnt make a diffrence. What are the excact formats sony bravia can play ? I also connected my external hard drive and it seems it only plays 1/2 of all my avi movies. ..

I tried to find the solution online but didnt suceed. Thanks in advance for help . !

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi,

the Serviio media server is said to be excellent, recommended by Sony and works on Macs.