Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia KDF-50E2010 - 2 red standby lights ONLY with BT Vision?

profile.country.en_GB.title
jeweytheroux
Visitor

Bravia KDF-50E2010 - 2 red standby lights ONLY with BT Vision?

Hello all,

Having a weird issue with my Bravia - bought it second hand a few weeks ago and this issue has only just surfaced.

When watching my BT Vision through the SCART connection the TV turns itself off after 5-10 minutes and I get two blinking red lights followed by a seconf or two of green and then back to two flashing red?

I can reset the error from the power switch and watch DVD's and also the onboard digital tv without the unit switching itself off?!

Could it be an issue with the connection from the BT Vision causing it?

Any advice welcomed!

3 REPLIES 3
Bravia55HX

Hi,

sounds like your halfway to diagnosing the fault yourself, if all else is well i suggest you look to the scart connection and perhaps try another lead at the very least and see if that helps.

also perhaps you could get BT to check your service in case theres a fault within the system causing it.

jeweytheroux
Visitor

Yeah I think I will try another SCART or perhaps a different type of connection to see if it holds.

Very strange - I wonder if the signal coming through from the SCART is too weak and that is what causes the error? Is this something that is known with these models?

Cheers.

jeweytheroux
Visitor

Well, tried it with a HDMI connection and once again it is turning itself off. I'm a bit stumped now as I only paid £100 for it and dont really want to go down the route of spending loads more.

Any other advice? Anyone?!

Cheers.