Join now - be part of our community!

Vevo vids on youtube

profile.country.en_GB.title
stuart0979
Visitor

Vevo vids on youtube

Hi, apologies if its already been asked ( I searched but couldnt find an answer) but does anyone know why the vevo vids on youtube can't be found on the bravias?

I have a KDL-EX503 and can play lots of other videos on youtube perfectly fine.  However when I search for a music video of various well known artists the search results dont show the "official" video versions in the results.  Often the well know artists videos are "vevo" vids and that seems to be the ones that don't show up.

I thought I'd be clever by adding these vids into my fav list on my laptop as they show up perfectly fine on there when I search for them.  So I did that but then when I went back to my bravia and logged in and checked my favs the vevo vids were not there....

Anybody have any ideas?  Is this the same for everyone??

Would really appreciate any feedback... thanks in advance!!

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Probably Youtube don't have the rights to show them on TV, only the PC. Content rights are an incredibly complicated and seemingly contradictary area of business which are agreed on a device by device basis between the rights holder (e.g. movie studio or record label) and aggregator (Youtube). So much in the same way that Five don't yet offer NCIS or CSI on BRAVIA Internet video, I'm guessing its a similar issue.

Thanks

profile.country.es_ES.title
LatinSuD
Visitor

The only way i got to work is with an android phone and iMediaShare application.