Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-40CX523 Recording Results?

profile.country.en_GB.title
stetaylo43
Visitor

KDL-40CX523 Recording Results?

I have just got a Sony KDL40CX523 and i tried to record a programme on to the USB Hard drive i put in and it didn't work,  but since then i have got the correct USB Hard drive but the programmes i tried to record are in the Recording results with a exclamation mark next to them and i can't delete them? does anyone know how to delete these please?

Thanks

Steve

6 REPLIES 6
Bravia55HX

Hi,

first of all did you format the drive in FAT32 for it to work on the tv?, its possible thats why theres exclamation marks where the recordings should be, try formatting the  drive correctly first and see if that gets rid of them.

traveltiger
Visitor

Hi Steve,

From what I see the recording results option only shows unsuccessful recordings. From me that has been a few occasions when I have set a recording but forgot to switched on my external HDD. So it’s essentially just a log of failed recordings and nothing to worry about.

TT

profile.country.uk_UA.title
vitnevin
Visitor

Hi,

I can't find suitable topic so I try to ask here.

I get KDL-32EX521 model. It can record TV programs.

I registered an external HDD 1Tb (as required), so I supposed to record some programs, which I can miss when I'm not home.

I'm a customer of local cable provider (DVB-C, scrambling system "Conax").

When I tried to record some, I got an error message in the Recording results list: service is scrambled by your service provider.

This is weird, because I get a CAM-module with access card in it and I can see programs.

Also I could be able to record some programs on the computer through the SCART socket.

Why the TV-set can't record DVB-C programs on the HDD?

By the way, there is one promo-channel, which is NOT scrambled (it available to watch without any CAM-modules) and I could be able to record it on the HDD.

Thank you for your answers.

Victor

stetaylo43
Visitor

Thanks for your replys, Yes it's essentially just a log of failed recordings with the exclamation mark there, i did format my HDD on the one i have in atm which is ok i just wanted to delete  the ones that i had not recorded because i had the wrong HDD in at the time?

Bravia55HX

Hi again,

well if you plan on using it back on the pc, try re formatting back to NTFS

stetaylo43
Visitor

No i am not planning to use the HDD on my pc soon, i just wanted to know how to delete the  Recording results in the failed list on my tv?