Join now - be part of our community!

Problems again with internet connection for KDL 26 EX320

profile.country.GB.title
clecky
Explorer

Problems again with internet connection for KDL 26 EX320

I posted a question a few weeks ago about having a sudden problem with the internet connection. It then resolved itself the next day which made me think it was an external problem.

Since then it has been fine - but today in midst of watching a streamed film, connection failed. My wireless network is fine - -my laptop and other devices are working. Checking the set up on the TV, it could locate the wireless device but not connect. I then decided to reset factor settings and start again!

This seems to require inputting the WPA key for my router (which is Apple TimeCapsule). This is a very long number but TV says its too long! The thing is I don't recall locating that key and inputting this into the tv setup.

I also have a password for my wireless LAN but it doesn't accept this - though am sure this is what I used originally.

Please can someone help? I checked the firmware and mine is most recent - my TV was purchased on September 2011.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Have you tried hardwiring it with Ethernet or Homeplugs to test the connection? Make sure you have the latest firmware on your router as well.

If you have security on your wifi and you are connecting via wifi on the TV, then you'll need to enter the details as part of the setup process. Maybe try chaning the wifi password to something other than the factory default?

Few ideas, maybe one of these will help out.

Thanks