Join now - be part of our community!

Problems with TDG-BR250 3D Glasses

profile.country.en_GB.title
dunkeldjack
Visitor

Problems with TDG-BR250 3D Glasses

I've just bought the KDL46EX732BU 3D TV. I also bought 2 pairs of the TDG-BR250 glasses to work along with it. I'm having trouble getting the glasses to switch on and wondered if anyone can help.

I've charged the glasses via the USB ports on the TV until the orange light goes out. When I disconnect the glasses and try to switch them on nothing happens. According to the instructions the light is supposed to light up green when it's on but I get nothing.

I've switched on to Sky 3D and altered the settings to side-by-side so that the 2 pictures merge and made sure there were no obstructions between the 3D transmitter and the glasses, but still nothing happens.

Is there another step that I've missed along the way? I can't find any reference to it if there is and I've searched every manual and internet forum I can find!

It seems hard to believe that both sets of glasses could be faulty, but I'm struggling to come up with any other possible solution.

Any and all help gratefully received!

Thanks

Tags (3)
23 REPLIES 23
Bravia55HX

Hi,

Thalamus is right about the charging procedure however i thought you knew that already!, theres one small exception to the rule and thats using the tv (or a suitable player for that matter) to charge the glasses, thats absolutely fine to do that but the tv and/or the player need to be on to do it.

dunkeldjack
Visitor

Many thanks for all your replies everyone - they're very much appreciated!

Wish I'd logged in sooner as I could've prevented the fall-out by saying that there are no fluorescents anywhere in the house, so this shouldn't be the issue.

I have tried all the charging techniques mentioned although every one was via the TV. I'll try to charge them via an iphone plug when I get home this evening to see if that helps. Maybe the problem is the TV, although the glasses do light up yellow (looks more like orange to me too!) when I connect them to the TV and go out shortly after as if they're fully charged - it's just that they won't turn on after that. I've yet to see the green light on either pair.

Thanks again folks!

dj

Bravia55HX

Hi again,

i must admit im slightly puzzled as to why they wont turn on, especially since you tried both pairs, once charged and unplugged all you need to do is press the button on the glasses till they blink with a green light and thats it, natuarally the 3D soarce needs to be on and ready to play.

this is not a stupid question nor in any way insulting, but you are turning the glasses on ?,

failing that i would strongly suggest you get them tested.

dunkeldjack
Visitor

Hi again - Don't worry - I'm not insulted!! If you could give me a simple solution to the problem I'd happily admit I was stupid!! LOL. Just to confrm - we have been using the power button to try to turn them on.

Both my nephew and I have tried for hours to get them working and just like you we couldn't believe that both pairs could be faulty so thought that we must have been doing something wrong. But having read through all the replies it doesn't seem like it. Neither of us have ever had a problem setting up AV systems and the like in the past so it's not as if we're totally clueless when it comes to these things.

As I've said above, once they seem to be charged pushing the on button does nothing - not even a flicker of a green light. We've tried pressing it once, holding it down for several seconds and everything else in between!

We've tried it with the 3D source both on and off and it makes no difference - incidentally there seems to be some conflicting information above as to whether the TV needs to be on or not. Thalamus seemed to think that the glasses should power on whether they're near the TV or not.

Assuming the 3D source needs to be on then the other possibility is that the 3D Sync Transmitter is faulty and therefore the glasses aren't receiving the 3D Sync signal and so not coming on. All the documentation states that the KDL46EX723 comes with a built-in transmitter and the onscreen manual even shows where it's located - is it possible that my set has come without one built in or that it's faulty and that this is the problem?

Thanks again!

dj

Bravia55HX

Hi again,

Thalamus is correct in saying you should be able to turn your glasses on anywhere in the house, but then you dont need to do that!, the transmitter is built in according to specs so its unlikely to be that.

the issue is the glasses not turning on which is very odd unless a batch of these went out without rechargeable batteries in!, i cant think of anything else, i had (and will again soon) the same glasses and they been no bother, as i said before its time to get them tested, its the only way to be sure!

Message was edited by: Bravia55HX923

Message was edited by: Bravia55HX923 spelling error

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

There seems to be some confusion here..:smileyconfused:

Bravia55HX923 wrote:

theres one small exception to the rule and thats using the tv (or a suitable player for that matter) to charge the glasses, thats absolutely fine to do that but the tv and/or the player need to be on to do it.

I had already mentioned that the TV needs to be on as the glasses would not charge if the Bravia is in standby..:smileyconfused:

Thalamus. wrote:

Your glasses power indicator should glow yellow (seems more orange to me though)

Leave your glasses charging with the Bravia switched on for at least 30 minuets. ( the glasses will not charge if your TV is in stanby)

After this time disconnect the USB cable from the Bravia TV & from the glasses.

Bravia55HX923 wrote:

once charged and unplugged all you need to do is press the button on the glasses till they blink with a green light and thats it, natuarally the 3D soarce needs to be on and ready to play.

You DO NOT need to be near a 3D source for the glasses to power on as I had mentioned earlier..:smileyconfused:

Thalamus. wrote:

You glasses should blink green when you turn them on even if you are in another room from your Bravia TV & will automatically switch off after about five minutes if they haven't picked up a 3D signal from your Bravia..

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

dunkeldjack wrote:

Both my nephew and I have tried for hours to get them working and just like you we couldn't believe that both pairs could be faulty so thought that we must have been doing something wrong. But having read through all the replies it doesn't seem like it. Neither of us have ever had a problem setting up AV systems and the like in the past so it's not as if we're totally clueless when it comes to these things.

As I've said above, once they seem to be charged pushing the on button does nothing - not even a flicker of a green light. We've tried pressing it once, holding it down for several seconds and everything else in between!

It shouldn't involve anything more than charging the glasses & pressing the power on button..:smileywink:

dunkeldjack wrote:

We've tried it with the 3D source both on and off and it makes no difference - incidentally there seems to be some conflicting information above as to whether the TV needs to be on or not. Thalamus seemed to think that the glasses should power on whether they're near the TV or not.

Yes the glasses should power on (steady green light for a few seconds then the green light would pulse every second after that) & it does NOT make any difference whether you are near your Bravia or not. If no 3D source is picked up the glasses they will simply power down after about five minutes..

dunkeldjack wrote:

Assuming the 3D source needs to be on then the other possibility is that the 3D Sync Transmitter is faulty and therefore the glasses aren't receiving the 3D Sync signal and so not coming on. All the documentation states that the KDL46EX723 comes with a built-in transmitter and the onscreen manual even shows where it's located - is it possible that my set has come without one built in or that it's faulty and that this is the problem?

I wouldn't worry about your Bravia's 3D transmitter as I can't see that it's related to your glasses not powering up.

dunkeldjack wrote:

I'll try to charge them via an iphone plug when I get home this evening to see if that helps. Maybe the problem is the TV, although the glasses do light up yellow (looks more like orange to me too!) when I connect them to the TV and go out shortly after as if they're fully charged - it's just that they won't turn on after that. I've yet to see the green light on either pair.

Great, hopefully your glasses will charge up & you can finally see the elusive green glow..:smileygrin:

Bravia55HX

Thalamus,

i said on, NOT near it! and i do know these things, even though i've only had my set a short time!!,

and theres nothing wrong with the tv charging the glasses if its on, thats how i charged mine, unless of coarse the USB's are faulty!, even the blu ray charges them!.

im going to bet on one other thing now, the mini usb to the glasses, its damn tight!! i'll bet the connection is not fully made there and since your on a roll, tell him to check the connection, it is hard to push in!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Bravia55HX923 I don't want to be drawn into who said what, some of the replies have, in my opinion, been misleading & confusing..

I'm just trying to clarfiy what is correct for dunkeldjack..:smileyhappy:

theres nothing wrong with the tv charging the glasses if its on, thats  how i charged mine, unless of coarse the USB's are faulty!, even the blu  ray charges them!.

Totally agree..

im going to bet on one other thing now, the mini usb to the glasses, its  damn tight!! i'll bet the connection is not fully made there and since  your on a roll, tell him to check the connection, it is hard to push in!

Good point, may be worth checking..:smileywink:

Bravia55HX

Thalamus,

i know a couple of us set out on the wrong foot here, and thats done.

i know this issue all too well with the mini usb, i tried first time round and discovered that i did'nt want to push on it too hard for fear of breaking them, at first i thought it was in and charging then i realised it was not right so i decided to bite my lip and push it a bit harder then it clicked into place!!!

its the only thing left now next to faulty glasses, and since theres 2 pairs its a tad unlikely.

regards.