Join now - be part of our community!

tv problems since digital switchover

profile.country.en_GB.title
BAIRD1
Visitor

tv problems since digital switchover

SONY TV MODEL KDJ40S2530 Since the digital switchover the pixels on picture keep breaking up, programme guide frequently shows "no event information" and programme information is 1 hour behind. No problems with other tv sharing same aerial through a digi freeview box.

4 REPLIES 4
Bravia55HX

Hi,

this is usually almost related to signal/aerial problems, in order to eliminate this check your signal/aerial strength by going into the menu, scroll to set up, then digital set up, then to technical set up, scroll to system information and there you will see signal quality and level these should both be high, any real weaknesses there will indicate a new digital aerial may be required, or it may be damaged aerial lead if its been up a long time.

the most common underlying problen since switchover is the most disregarded, and thats the aerial.

BAIRD1
Visitor

Hi

Thanks for your time and help. The signal is high - wish the quality was as easy to understand!!! Pre viterbi ranges from 1.19 to 1.38 and post viterbi is 0 (looked this up and it seems to suggest that the post viterbi of 0 is good???) pre 5s ranges from 1.24 to 1.32 e-3 and post 5s is 0, UEC is 0, COFDM ACC is 50-51.

Does this mean quality is OK?

If yes would it suggest that the built in freeview is degrading and if so should I just attach a freeview box or call the repair man -( or should I say person) I don't really want to go to the expense of a new tv

Bravia55HX

Hi again,

well thats a good one, both mine a like a digital bar graph, but it sounds ok, if the signal is high, i really dont think attaching a separate freeview box is the answer it certainly wont resolve the issue, contact a service centre and see if you can get further assistance over the phone first before arranging someone to look at it.

BAIRD1
Visitor

Hi

Thanks again - will contact service engineer.  Just realised you get points for answers - so I will tick this as a correct answer