Join now - be part of our community!

Broken again ! once on warranty, once £178 now again!

profile.country.en_GB.title
nicmonag
New

Broken again ! once on warranty, once £178 now again!

i paid £178 to get my laptop fixed, even thuogh they had previously fixed the exact same thing a year before under warranty and was obviously a bad desugn fault i was made to feel that it was something i caused.

i have an vgn-fw31e i love my laptop its the best ive had, but the on/off button and the adaptor connection is attached with a tiny part and has broken now three times. my laptop rarely ever gets moved it lives on my desk it has now broken again the exact same way as last two times! also the power button is starting to break i'm going to end up having no laptop , the 2nd time i sent it, they told me on the phone after me having to argue for them to believe me , it sounds the same we will pick it up and check it and if it is we will fix it free. i knew it was exactly the same as last time and felt very upset and anxious i explained i couldnt afford to pay for it if you would charge me i rather not send it . next thing after sending it away i get a phone call saying that because it is a different problem than what they fixed, they will have to charge me £178 to fix or £60 for my laptop to be returned unfixed!! i couldnt afford any of this so it was either i waste £60 for nothing have a laptop costing £780 that i cant use or pay, so i borrowed money to pay it. now a year or so later its broken again. this explanation is a short version i went through so much upset over this.

My mum has the same laptop they bought it to replace their desktop it never gets moved never, mums is lose the same as mine.  Now its broken again and so is the other side with the power switch, what do i do? soon it'll break completely yet again i wont be able to charge it or use the power switch.

Note to sony although this laptop looks nice NEVER use this design always have the adaptor and switch as part of the main part.

very dissappointed Nicki.:smileysad:

ive attached photos these were last month so its worse now just wondered if anyone else has had same problem .

0 REPLIES 0