Join now - be part of our community!

C Series (VPCCA) cam problem

profile.country.en_GB.title
rawdeal09
Visitor

C Series (VPCCA) cam problem

Hi everyone,

Just bought a new vaio c series yesterday. Was really excited to have one after I've check the review on the net. It says that the webcam is HD powered by exmore. I've check this morning the webcam and here comes the problem. I've tried it first on a dim sorrounding  and the result was really bad. I can hardly see my face. I've tried configure the setting but it just done very little help. When I tried in the well lit area, i was really upset as there's only very little changes. I've done everything singles means hoping that it would help but it turns out into the same problem. In this case I would like to ask for a replacement if not a refund. I'm really upset coz I can't use the cam. I'm using my iphone instead when using skype. much better quality. Can I ask for a replacement or a refund of this item from the sony centre where I bought this product? I'm lloking forward on your opinion. Thanks!

Message was edited by: rawdeal09

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi rawdeal09,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

If you're not happy with the web Cam on your Vaio, then as it's new I would suggest you take it back to the retailer..

profile.country.ru_KZ.title
tinchoalvrez
Visitor

Hi, rawdeal, I was searching and I found this. I bought a VPCCA17FL (in Argentina) a week ago and I noticed the webcam was too dark. I edited the settings but nothing changed.

On the brightside, it doesn't seem to be an isolated failure or a hardware problem, maybe Sony can come up with a fix for this.

We should contact Sony, maybe we're not the only ones with this problem.

marlinmi
Visitor

yesterday i'm also buy this vaio in hongkong  and have a same problem..

webcam was so bad..

what should we do to fix this..

saadamindar
Visitor

I am having same problem with my vpcca laptop. The image from the webcam is black and white.  What should I do?

tinchoalvrez
Visitor

saadamindar, you should look for a program called "Arcsoft WebCam Companion" -or something like that- and adjust the settings.

I know what I said before about the cam, but now it's actually a little better. Maybe it depends on the light of the room you are in or maybe the settings need to be adjusted. However, I notice the image tends to be dark when there's lack of light, and kind of granulated. Also playing video, I see this "granulated" video output, perhaps it's a post-effect. Anyone has the same issue?

Message was edited by: tinchoalvrez

Message was edited by: tinchoalvrez

profile.country.fr_FR.title
davidtim9
Visitor

Hey, I don't know if u can found the solution yet or not. But for me i think i found the solution... :smileygrin:

Just go to ArcSoft WebCam Companion -> Click Capture -> Click WebCam Setting -> Advanced -> and change all the setting like me or u could do even better 😉

Test.png

amalhaj
Visitor

hi,

i also have the same problem.. dark images!!

anyone knows how to solve this?

thanks.

profile.country.fr_FR.title
huss2011
Visitor
profile.country.en_IE.title
juliosefu
Explorer

go onto start menu ,click all programs ,click arcsoft ,click web companion ,go into capture ,go into settings ,click image quality high,go into webcam settings and  pu this values in this order from up to down:

antiflicker 60hz  then go in camera control and click low light compeesation ,click apply

ps you can change video resolution aswell in capture mode  just on top of camera picture