Join now - be part of our community!

Help, unable to open my usb stick on my sony!!!!!

Help, unable to open my usb stick on my sony!!!!!

Please can someone help!!! I have a new sonyviao computer and I have two usb stick with alot of work on I wanted to transfer to my new comp. One worked fine and the other one will not open on the comp. A message comes up and saying that i need to format it, so i follow the instructions and then when i start the format process it then says that to do this will erase all the data on the drive.  when i press cancel it tells me to check that the files are not read onlyfiles and i cant find anywhere where it shows that. Please can someone help me as i deperately need to get into this usb.

Thanks,

stacey

1 REPLY 1
sgdavies

Hi Stacy,

Well Maybe the files on that failed USB stick are "corrupted" in some way, have you still got the original files somewhere? if so formate that USB and re-copy the original files onto that Stick, if you dont have the original files, and they only exist on that USB stick then, try opening the USB Stick on a different computer, copy them locally to that PC, then reformat the USB, then copy back to USB Stick and try again on your new Vaio.

Good Luck!