Join now - be part of our community!

Problem while connecting my Vaio with a TV via HDMI

profile.country.el_GR.title
bourtzos
Visitor

Problem while connecting my Vaio with a TV via HDMI

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and I need some helpl with a problem that occured when I tried to connect my VAIO with a TV FULL HD via HDMI

Specs

VAIO VPCEB1Z1E

Intel Core i5 CPU M430 @2.27Ghz

RAM 4 GB

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650

Cable

1.3 HDMI golden

TV

FULL HD

After some minutes that I had connected my Vaio with the TV via HDMI watching a video, the TV shows a green screen and then everything in the TV appears in negative colours. I tried it in all HDMI inputs of the TV and the problem persisted. When I removed the cable from the vaio and put it back, I could see for some minutes normally again and then the problem was back. All this time, no problem appeared in the Vaio Screen.

Has it ever occured to you? What might be the problem?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.nl_BE.title
raenis
Visitor

Hey there,

I have the same problem. I've sent my laptop (VPCEB1S8, almost the same specs as yours and the important thing: the same videocard) back for the second time and they still don't have a clue of what is wrong with it. Apparently the support from ATI to its customers is really poor since the problem exists for over a year now. I've found a possible solution on this forum: http://devforums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=279&threadid=118278&STARTPAGE=1&FTVAR_FORUMVIEWT...

Since I don't have my laptop back, I wasn't yet able to try this solution. In the catalyst control centre you can change the pixel format if you have a HDMI device connected. There is a problem with the YcRCb output so you have to change it to RGBFull.

I really hope this helps, because otherwise I am stuck with a laptop that doesn't work on my TV as well.

Kind regards,

Nicky