Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio webcam not working

edward918
New

Sony Vaio webcam not working

I own a Sony Vaio (model: VGN-AR51J) which has a built-in webcam (model name/number thing: USB Video Device 05ca:1839) and it does not work.

This problem started ever since I installed windows 7 onto my laptop. Before, it had windows vista installed onto it and the webcam was working fine.

I've tried updating the driver, entering the bios and restoring factory settings, going onto the sony website and downloading the original driver pack and trid a bunch of driver updating programs but still, I can't get the webcam to work.

Before when I was using windows vista, I could see the driver which was called: Sony Visual Communication Camera but now, it is just named: USB video device.

Any idea on how I can get the webcam to work with windows 7? And would re-installing windows vista help resolve the issue?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.it_IT.title
jan2011
Enthusiast

Hi

I think that it needs original driver and Camera Capture Utility: VGN-AR51J - Software and Downloads .

On Windows Vista Preinstalled Software, download “Original Drivers Package”.

Extract files and on folder “Camera Driver”, run dpinst32.exe.

Then, on Vista Software, download “Original Utilities Package”.

Extract files and then install Camera and Camera Capture Utilities.

On Vista Software “VAIO Camera Capture Utility” you can find, also, an update.

BUT, everything is only for Windows 32bit.

Jannis 

Non mi aspetto nulla. Non temo nulla. Sono libero. - I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.   (N.K.)