Join now - be part of our community!

Stolen SONY VAIO VGN AW11Z - I need the serial number

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
ANNAK.
Visitor

Stolen SONY VAIO VGN AW11Z - I need the serial number

Hi,

I had a burglary month ago and my SONY VAIO VGN AW11Z was stolen as well.

I was told that it is possible to locate it by tracking its serial number.

I have never written down the serial number but I have register my laptop on Sony website two years ago.

I' d like to know if I will tell sony my name, surname and email address, which I have been using before they will be able to help me to give me Serial Number?

How can I retrieve the Serial Number?

Police is waiting for this as someone is trying to selll it?

Many thnaks for help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi ANNAK.,

If you happy to please send your name, contact number &/or email address via Private Message to either Blencogo or me and we'll forward them onto someone from Vaio support who will hopefully contact you..

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi ANNAK.,

welcome to Questions & Answers..

I'm sorry to read that your Vaio has been stolen..

You should be able to get your Vaio's serial number by contacting Vaio Support - 0905 0310006 (0.35£/min)

Whilst on the phone I believe if you provide the following information to Vaio support..

- the serial number of your stolen vaio..
- a copy of the police report..
- contact details of the police department handling the theft..

They will place your vaio onto their stolen database..

If you have difficulty contacting Vaio support let us know and we'll try to help further..

ANNAK.
Visitor

Hi Thalamus,

Many thanks for your help, I will try call them

Cheers

ANNAK.
Visitor

Hi again,

I have tried to call using number 0905 031 0006 and 0870 240 2408 as well and is only voice mail service where I need to put serial number or case number, which I don't have - no chances there to speak to someone from the customer service.:smileycry:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi ANNAK.,

If you happy to please send your name, contact number &/or email address via Private Message to either Blencogo or me and we'll forward them onto someone from Vaio support who will hopefully contact you..