Join now - be part of our community!

VGC-RC202 driver question

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
rowan91
Visitor

VGC-RC202 driver question

I have asked Vaio for info on what drivers I need to slipstream to do a clean XP re-install - all they say is buy the disks - just useless boiler plate answers.  Not very helpful so I thought I'd ask the experts.

I want rid of the raid0 - bad idea in the first place. Disks cleaned reformatted.

I read the recent post by Robmar0se, and thought I'd start my own from a different angle.

I have downloaded the original Intel 945 drivers from the Vaio website ( http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VGC-RC202/downloads/Preinstalled_Drivers_2314 ) but not sure which drivers I need to slipstream using nlite? 

Anyone had a previous experience of doing this?

By the way can confirm there is no floppy or floppy plug on the mobo, clever!

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Robmar0se,

Rowan91 did reply but there seems to have been a glitch on the system as it has disappeared. I received an email notification but it seems to have been created by you although obviously from Rowan91. Below is a copy:

Re: VGC-RC202 driver question
created by robmar0se in All-in-one Desktops - View the full discussion

Anyway I have got over the problem - I took a punt using Nlite I slipstreamed the following into XP Pro SP3 and hey presto the system recognised the drives.- great little system as it just knows where to put the files within the CD:

C:\Downloads\vaio\Drivers\Audio\WDM\STHDA.INF,0
C:\Downloads\vaio\Drivers\AverMedia Hybrid TV Tuner Card\34AVStrm.inf,0
C:\Downloads\vaio\Drivers\Chipset\XP\865.inf,0
C:\Downloads\vaio\Drivers\Chipset\XP\SP\ich5id2.inf,0
C:\Downloads\vaio\Drivers\Ethernet\e1000325.inf,0
C:\Downloads\vaio\Drivers\Memory Card Reader-Writer\UMH-U7.INF,0
C:\Downloads\vaio\Drivers\Modem\SnyHDANk.inf,0
C:\Downloads\vaio\Drivers\RAID\iaahci.inf,iaAHCI_ICH7R
C:\Downloads\vaio\Drivers\RAID\iaahci.inf,iaStor_ICH7DH
C:\Downloads\vaio\Drivers\Video\NVSY.INF,0

I believe that the bold items are the important ones, but I thought might as well do them all to save loading drivers later.

After this, Device manager showed no errors - however it did ask for SP3 - something about the drivers being wrong.  I just reran SP3 and all seems well.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi rowan91,

See whether this thread is of help.

https://www.sony-europe.com/discussions/thread/171864?start=0&tstart=0

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
robmar0se
Visitor

Hi any success?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Robmar0se,

Rowan91 did reply but there seems to have been a glitch on the system as it has disappeared. I received an email notification but it seems to have been created by you although obviously from Rowan91. Below is a copy:

Re: VGC-RC202 driver question
created by robmar0se in All-in-one Desktops - View the full discussion

Anyway I have got over the problem - I took a punt using Nlite I slipstreamed the following into XP Pro SP3 and hey presto the system recognised the drives.- great little system as it just knows where to put the files within the CD:

C:\Downloads\vaio\Drivers\Audio\WDM\STHDA.INF,0
C:\Downloads\vaio\Drivers\AverMedia Hybrid TV Tuner Card\34AVStrm.inf,0
C:\Downloads\vaio\Drivers\Chipset\XP\865.inf,0
C:\Downloads\vaio\Drivers\Chipset\XP\SP\ich5id2.inf,0
C:\Downloads\vaio\Drivers\Ethernet\e1000325.inf,0
C:\Downloads\vaio\Drivers\Memory Card Reader-Writer\UMH-U7.INF,0
C:\Downloads\vaio\Drivers\Modem\SnyHDANk.inf,0
C:\Downloads\vaio\Drivers\RAID\iaahci.inf,iaAHCI_ICH7R
C:\Downloads\vaio\Drivers\RAID\iaahci.inf,iaStor_ICH7DH
C:\Downloads\vaio\Drivers\Video\NVSY.INF,0

I believe that the bold items are the important ones, but I thought might as well do them all to save loading drivers later.

After this, Device manager showed no errors - however it did ask for SP3 - something about the drivers being wrong.  I just reran SP3 and all seems well.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
rowan91
Visitor

Thanks Rich - yes it was me earlier, not sure what happened, I was trying to edit it!

Just goes to show that the forum experts are FAR FAR more helpful than the idiots at Sony who just give you boiler-plate answers.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi rowan91,

I don’t think it was anything you did as the email notification said it was created by robmar0se – maybe you both pressed the send button at the same time:smileyconfused:

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat