Join now - be part of our community!

NWZ-E474 Operating system language selection

SOLVED
Marker225
Explorer

NWZ-E474 Operating system language selection

Could somebody please make a system version where finnish is one of language options??

It's frustrating when you try to cope only with english, even when you know the language. :nerd:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
tweety2b
Ex Commander (Was always on)

Hi,

There are 136 major languages in the world. I hope you udnerstand our Japanese engineers carefully considered which ones to put standard out of the box in the Walkman. If we would put all it would already fill up your entire harddisk before you even start putting music on it. So a selection has been made based on population and sales. As it stands now Finnish isn't part of that list. With that in mind I am going to pass your request on to our engineering team in japan and hopefully in the future we will see Walkmans popping up with Finnish as part of the standard supported languages.

Thanks for your understanding,

Nico

Nico Henderijckx
(ex-Sony employee - fanboy forever)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
tweety2b
Ex Commander (Was always on)

Hi,

There are 136 major languages in the world. I hope you udnerstand our Japanese engineers carefully considered which ones to put standard out of the box in the Walkman. If we would put all it would already fill up your entire harddisk before you even start putting music on it. So a selection has been made based on population and sales. As it stands now Finnish isn't part of that list. With that in mind I am going to pass your request on to our engineering team in japan and hopefully in the future we will see Walkmans popping up with Finnish as part of the standard supported languages.

Thanks for your understanding,

Nico

Nico Henderijckx
(ex-Sony employee - fanboy forever)