Join now - be part of our community!

Sony XAV-601BT connectivity?

profile.country.en_GB.title
Stoffler9
Visitor

Sony XAV-601BT connectivity?

I'm looking at buying the Sony XAV-601BT. I've looked at a pioneer app radio enabled model but all I read about is how they don't work with an iPhone 5. Well that's just not good enough! Does anyone already own a XAV-601BT and an iPhone 5? Do they work together? Any limitations? Is it really worth the price tag?

2 REPLIES 2
jaggy919
Visitor

Hi there,

I had just bought the sony xav-601bt and its amazing!!!

However, I do not know if the mirror link works with the iphone 5 but it works with my samsung galaxy s3 with the use of the samsung app drivelink. The price is great for the item because it has massively increased the sound quality in my car, it has a great interface, great video quality, great cinematic surround sound system when playing videos, music sounds so good with the correct settings, the bluetooth calling is really good. The mirror link is good especially with the satnav, however when using the touchscreen to control your phone through mirror link can be abit unresponsive but overall its an excellent gadget.

DSG4ME
Visitor

iPhone 5 has a different interface to the 4 and 4s models, should you go for it you need to check if the newer type lead is available yet in respected brand form, a £2.99 eBay one I suspect will simply fail.