Join now - be part of our community!

Walkman NMZ-E474 not connecting

profile.country.en_GB.title
dundada80
Visitor

Walkman NMZ-E474 not connecting

I just bought a Sony Walkman NMZ-E474, I connected it to my computer and it says "Connect USB. The player cannot be operated." The computer is not recognizing the walkman. I tried 3 different computers and it says the same thing. I tried restarted the computer and nothing. I tried downloading Media Go, not working. I tried going to the common settings menu on the walkman to connect to the computer, not working. I tried formatting the walkman, not working. I tried reseting it, not working. Can some please help me?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
dundada80
Visitor

Go to control panel then device manager. You will see a yellow triangle, unistall the walkman. Unplug the walkmans USB cable, wait a couple seconds, then plug it in again. That should fix the problem. If not, update the drivers, in device manager.

debbychop
New

I've tried that....when I go to control panel I don't see any yellow triange....now what?

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Are you sure that the cable you are using to connect with is ok too?

Von_Raven
New

Hi!

I have the same issue.

I got 2 WALKMAN NWZ-E453

one of them I have no issue at all to connect to my lap top but the other one will not connect what ever I try.

I have tried all the tricks as you but it will simply not connect.

Any other sugestions?

And bytheway I did not either get the yellow triangel, all it said was Unrecognized device and I tried uninstall it 2 times but it still did not connect.

V_R