Who Me Too'd this topic

profile.country.en_GB.title
lynnewalker41
Visitor

Hard drive failure, no recovery discs

My Vaio VPCY21X5E has had a hard drive failure after just 15 days and 12 months.

So having been directed to a third party repairer I took it in person to them and am now waiting on a price to fix it.

But one problem is that I have no recovery discs, as there is no DVD drive fitted I couldn't create the backups suggested at the time.

How can I resolve it, as even when a new hard drive is fitted I don't have the install discs for Windows or Office that were pre-installed, and even if I did I can't use them as I don't have a DVD drive?

Trying to contact Sony is very difficult, as soon as the 12 months are up you are cut off from any contact details other than the 35p minute premium line. Knowing how long these lines keep you on with long recorded messages and then on hold I am loathed to make the call. It just seems wrong to have to pay to complain about a product that has failed within days of the warranty ending. I know the warranty is for 12 months, but you do not expect a premuim price product to only last 12 months.

Tags (1)
Who Me Too'd this topic