Who Me Too'd this topic

profile.country.GB.title
VP2023
New

Sony Winter Cashback and Very.co.uk Proof of purchase Issue

Hello, 

I purchased a Sony A 7 C with 28-60mm Kit lens after checking that Very.co.uk are participating retailers under Sony's winter cashback 2022 campaign. As I tried to submit my claim today (post 30 days from date of purchase), I noticed Sony have made it quite tricky on what they would accept as proof of purchase. 

Very have only provided me with a 'order confirmation', a delivery note and a payment advice but neither of these documents include their VAT number which seems to be the key criteria that Sony has listed under their claims procedure. I also have my credit card statements which show the transaction. 

I have reached out to Very, who have not been very forthcoming in providing with a proof of purchase with VAT details or an invoice as they don't seem to provide this to their customers and they are also baffled as to why Sony would not accept Order confirmation or Payment advice or a credit card statement.  

Having spoken to Sony CS, they will only accept proof of purchase that shows VAT details which I am struggling to get out of very.co.uk 

Is there anyone else who has been in a similar situation or has managed to resolve this as I really want to avoid to going through the consumer law complaint, credit card dispute and false marketing.

Look forward to hearing from someone who knows how to solve this stalemate.

Best,

VP

Who Me Too'd this topic