Abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du: 

Jetzt anmelden und Teil der Community werden!

Sony WH-1000XM5 Headphones - Intentional Bluetooth Interference

profile.country.DE.title
berliner_sony
Neues Mitglied

Sony WH-1000XM5 Headphones - Intentional Bluetooth Interference

I am writing to report an issue with my Sony WH-1000XM5 headphones. Over the past few days, I have been experiencing random interruptions while using them.

Initially, I thought it was accidental touchpad activation, but I've recently discovered that a neighbor's device is
exploiting/spamming some bluetooth protocol to intentionally disrupt my connection. This has resulted in both music playback pausing/playing randomly and calls being disconnected mid-conversation.

I have already tried the following troubleshooting steps:

* Restarting both my headphones and the connected device.
* Updating the headphones' firmware to the latest version.
* Factory Reset

Unfortunately, none of these solutions have resolved the issue. The interference is persistent and significantly impacting my ability to use the headphones effectively.

I would appreciate your assistance in resolving this problem. Please advise on any further troubleshooting steps or potential solutions.

2 ANTWORTEN 2
profile.country.GB.title
TheMaze
Community Team

Hey @berliner_sony 

So, does this happen only when you are home?

To let you know, BT connections range is up to 10 meters only, so it might be less likely an interference

You can also change the sound quality mode to stable connection on the Sony | Headphones Connect app to improve the connection stability

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @berliner_sony,

in Germany there is the Bundesnetzagentur.

https://www.bundesnetzagentur.de/EN/Vportal/TK/Funktechnik/Stoerung/start.html

If someone broadcasts such a disruptive signale (on purpose or by accident), you can report it and someone will investigate.

If you mess with certain frequencies, you can even get a hefty fine or even go to prison.

- Nic