Join now - be part of our community!

Main Microphone for Sony Xperia X

SOLVED
Dayang
Visitor

Main Microphone for Sony Xperia X

First and foremost, I am one of biggest fan of Sony brand. Recently I signed up a contract with Celcom and Sony Xperia X was my first choice. Everything was perfectly smooth till one problem occurred yesterday. People can't hear my voice when making calls. But I can hear theirs. And they can only hear my voice once I turn on the speaker. I've google every information regarding my device common problems.
And yes, I've tried to diagnose, to check via Sony pc-companion software, soft reset more than 20 times and also reset the settings. The condition is still the same. As at today, I hit celcom centre just to double check of any possibility they could help me. End up I have to go to Sony Centre in Subang Parade but the Centre was closed. (For Good I guess), then I headed to Sony Centre in Sunway Pyramid and unfortunately they didn't provide service where I can fix the phone. I am truly, truly, truly exhausted and disappointed as I finally found out that their service center is in Amcorp Mall. I was hoping the next time software updating process will resolve this matter. Will update soon.

Regards,
Disappointed Sony Fan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dayang
Visitor

Hello there, I just collect my phone at Sony Centre. And the phone went back to normal. Hence if you are facing the same problem as mine, kindly send it back to the Sony Centre. It could be motherboard problem, speaker or the software. Mine one is the software. Therefore, case is closed.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

just to clarify. you did perform software repair using Xperia Companion? it is not the same with reformating your device ,,,  is your phone still on warranty? did you state the problem with your network carrier since you bought it from them?

try to contact your other possible  local service centers Local support

Dayang
Visitor

Hello there,

Thank you for your kind respond. Yes indeed, I did performed Sony Pc-companion. In addition, my phone is still under warranty. And I did went to Celcom Centre and they informed me that I must go to the Sony Centre. I went to both in Subang Parade and Sunway Pyramid. However, the center in Subang Parade was closed down. Meanwhile in Sunway Pyramid did not provide the service. They told me that I need to go to Amcorp Mall.
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

as disappointing as it sounds, not all sony service center are equipped to repair all xperia devices problems..  did you try to call a customer service from sony Local support? I guess you really need to go to that mall if that is the case in your area

Mr_47
Visitor

Hi, i got the excatly same problem with my wifes xperia M4 , just bought her a new E5 so i can get the phone to warranty repair, is it a bug , since the mic works when speaking on a speaker on?

Dayang
Visitor

Hello Mr. 47,

I might go to sony center tomorrow. And will update soon.
Rickard
Master

I'm very sorry to hear this.

As @nolramlb suggests, i would recommend that you contact your Local support in this case for assistance and information on where you can have the phone repaired.

@Mr_47

Sorry to hear about your wifes phone as well.

The phone has two microphones. When you turn on the speaker phone, it uses the 2:nd microphone on the top of the phone instead.

Dayang
Visitor

Hello, I am currently at Sony Xperia Centre in amcorp mall. This is the only service center if you are in Subang, Shah Alam or Klang Valley.
Dayang
Visitor

Hello there, I just collect my phone at Sony Centre. And the phone went back to normal. Hence if you are facing the same problem as mine, kindly send it back to the Sony Centre. It could be motherboard problem, speaker or the software. Mine one is the software. Therefore, case is closed.