Join now - be part of our community!

Audio input only Sony BDV-N590

SOLVED
pickthalld
Explorer

Audio input only Sony BDV-N590

Hi

I've worked through the manual but can't find or understand(!). i've got a new Smart TV and I want to watch iPlayer/Amazon/tuner on the TV and have the audio output played through the surround sound system. How can I do this without the system trying to take over the video feed? I want to use my HDMI cable.

thanks in advance

Daryl

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pickthalld
Explorer

Doing this identified that one of the TV HDMI ports was marked 'ARC'! Problem solved - thanks for your assistance.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Hi,

you can if your TV has the HDMI ARC... Can you check this?...

Manolo

pickthalld
Explorer

thansk for the quick response - yes it does

• HDMI A / Return Ch. Support

Yes

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Ok, so... In your TV's MENU I think you have to find a SUB MENU for Audio customization and inside this, maybe, you are able to find a value for a choice between TV Speakers and Audio System...

Manolo

pickthalld
Explorer

Thanks - I've done that but the BDV keeps grabbing the video on the TV. When I turn on the TV, the BDV automatically turns on and then I lose my TV's picture as it switches to the BDV menu

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

In TV's MENU you have, I think, a voice for Control for HDMI... Try to change the parameters inside for resolve this "issue"...

Manolo

pickthalld
Explorer

Thanks - I'm making progress! 

When I select audio output [HDMI-Receiver] on the TV, it turns on the BDV and the video stays as live TV. The BDV displays 'TV' on the console but there is no sound coming out - even with volume turned up.

What do I need to do with BDV to play the sound?

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

In the BDV have you choice the correct input?

And... Have you choice Auto in [System Settings] > [HDMI Settings] > [Audio Return Channel]?

Manolo

pickthalld
Explorer

BDV input is down as TV. The TV sound output is down as HDMI Receiver.

System settings as attached:IMG_4720.jpg

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

The problem is that: All appears ok...

Try to unplug and plug the cables...

Manolo