Join now - be part of our community!

BDP-S370 gracenote issues

profile.country.GB.title
penfold72

BDP-S370 gracenote issues

I have a bdp-s370 bluray player, bought around dec10/jan11.  Setup was easy,and all was ok till yesterday. now gracenote refuses to work, and display CD/DVD content info.  All other internet activities work OK, except the Sony Quiocity also does not work, I am told service is down.  IP addressing all OK, and I have even done a factory reset, still no gracenote.  All I am told is that there is no listing on the server, or something to that effect.  Is this a hardware issue, or is gracenote actually not working.   Tried both manual and auto settings.  Router is  operating fine..

Any ideas???

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
ukbrocko
Visitor

Just bought a BDP-S380 today and am having the same issues. All connection settings seem to be ok, however when i try to get Blu-Ray or DVD info i get the following: "could not obtain information from gracenote"

Very annoying.

Message was edited by: ukbrocko

profile.country.GB.title
penfold72

Yes vey annoying.  Changed the Ethernet cable for another, still the same.  Still connects to the internet OK.  This must be an issue with gracenote......

profile.country.ru_KZ.title
sscherf
Visitor

Sony network is down, per public news reports. Sony networked products are affected, apparently including CD/DVD lookup in Bluray players.

profile.country.en_GB.title
danieledwards40
Visitor

did they say how long it would be down? Im having the same issue too (of course) - i would have thought its a pretty major outage but its been quite awhile now :slight_frown:

dan

Message was edited by: danieledwards40