Join now - be part of our community!

UBP-X800 / BDV-IT1000 No Audio

healyw
Explorer

UBP-X800 / BDV-IT1000 No Audio

Hi,

Firstly, apologies as I'm a bit of an amatuer with home cinema but can usually manage to get things to work by reading manuals and going through the system options.

I've just bought a bdv-x800 and was hoping to utilise my existing all in one bluray surround sound system (bdv-it1000) for audio. It's a lot older obviously but i was hoping that the fact they're both Sony would help things just work oit of the box.

i have used the hdmi1 output on the x-800 to connect directly to my Sony 4k tv and this works fine for video and audio on the single connector. The hdmi2 (audio only) output is connected to the hdmi1 input of the it-1000. This is as rcommended in the manual for a non 4k receiver.

However, when i turn on my it-1000 i don't get any audio.  If i cycle through the it-1000 functions then sound comes back through the tv when on the unused hdmi2 input on the it-1000 but goes quiet when i select hdmi1 that is connected to the audio only output on the x800, so i figure it's recognising the connection at least.

I've been through some of the audio options on both devices but nothing seems to have worked.

Please help! The wife will make me return it if can't get it working.

Let me know if more info is required to assist.

Many thanks,

Wayne

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
lgcebr

I haven't exactly got your problem with the UBP-X800 but it may be related.  Soemtimes when inserting a UHD disk and selecting a chapter to play there is no sound.  The main UHD disk menu has sound and other episodes do too.  Usually after repeatedly trying the sound will suddenly re-appear.

I've also experienced two times when black blocks appeared on the screen while playing an oridnary BluRay version of "The Martian".

The HDMI connectin is form UBP-X800 direct to the Sony 2016 4K TV with sound goning thorugh a STR-DN1060. Usually we get surroudn with no problem.  There doesn't appear to be any problem with the disks.  "The Martian" plays perfectly in a cheaper BluRay player.  The sound on the UHD disks is obviousy present but just not intermittently played when seelcting an episode.

The HDMI lead is 4K / HDCP 2.2 / exceeds 18 Gbps.

The software is up to date so I'll contact Sony but this isn't what I expect of a "premium" player and it may have to go back for a refund.

Any suggestions to solve the situation gratefully received.