Join now - be part of our community!

HT-XT3 issues

profile.country.GB.title
Shy.patel
New

HT-XT3 issues

Hi,

Can anyone help?

I recently bought the HT-XT3 soundstange but the moment I plugged it in and switched it on from the mains I can hear a very low but constant pitched sound. This is in stand by mode. Once you turn the unit on from the remote the sound is still there. Its annoying becuase when im watching TV or a movie at lower volumes the sound just distracts me.

I then sent it back and got a replacement but still had the same issue!

Has anyone else noticed this?

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I havnt got the HT-XT3 and have not heard anyone have this problem.  As you have had 2 of these with the same issue, I would guess then that the cause may be environmental or setup.  First thing to do is swap/replace any cables - do not bundle the cables together with the power cables as well. Also ensure that there is no un-necessary electronics around it.

If you have other devices connected to it, remove them (as a test) and only have it connected to the TV.  Keep all other devices completely switched off.  With just the TV and soundbase connected and powered, does it still do that.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Shy.patel
New

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply. I have taken your advice. Its reduced the sound slightly but I can still hear the sound. I have ordered a new HDMI and optical cable, hopefully this will help further!

Thank you!