Join now - be part of our community!

Star Trek TOS bluray box (with sfx digital enhanched) anomaly with BDP-S5100

TheGorn
New

Star Trek TOS bluray box (with sfx digital enhanched) anomaly with BDP-S5100

Hi, I recently bought here in Rome, Italy, the bluray box set of the classic Star Trek series, with improved effects in computer graphics. I found an anomaly. In the start screen you can choose the title of episode and if you look at it with the digital effects or in the original version. The words on the menu reports that while watching, a symbol on the right appears on the sequence in which you can choose to see it with or without the digital effects or the original version. This symbol does not appear ever so it is impossible to know whether a particular scene or contains less improved effects. I have a Sony S-5100 bluray player and i check in options menu and there isn't any specifical setting for put on\of that symbol. I also tried with the Playstation 3 but the problem is always there. The DVD player is connected to the network and firmware is updated constantly, and now there is the latest version installed. On the remote control there is not the "angle" button to activate it and you have to go in the popup menu "options". However, if you choose this option here, the scene changes and you can see the sequence with or without digital effects. Maybe the problem is just the firmware, or Jawa software ? Has anyone encountered this problem? Thank you. Simone

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Appologies that your question has been missed, is this still an issue or is everything OK now?

Cheers