Join now - be part of our community!

Sony STR-DN1060 no longer responding to Sony TV remote - Bravia sync issue

SOLVED
kulbhupa
Explorer

Sony STR-DN1060 no longer responding to Sony TV remote - Bravia sync issue

Recently my Sony TV remote appears to have stopped controlling the DN1060 Receiver Volume control. When I used to switch the Receiver on, I would get a message from the TV saying it was switching from TV Speaker to Audio System, and vice versa when the Receiver was switched off. So now I need to use the DN1060's remote to control volume instead of the TV remote.

The TV is a KDL 40W3000 which has an Audioquest HDMI cable and Optical cable plugged into the Receiver. It was working fine about 2-3 weeks back but now has stopped. Both Receiver and TV has been reset to factory settings.

I suspect maybe the HDMI signal to tell the TV that the AMP is on may have failed.

Any one else got any suggestions to try?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kulbhupa
Explorer

After a few pointers from others around issues with Bravia Sync, it appears that when I moved the TV plug from the wall socket to an extension power socket, that is where the HDMI issues must have started!

I have now moved the TV power back into a wall socket and now TV recognises the HDMI signals from the Receiver and automatically switches from using the Receiver AMP Audio System to TV Speakers and back, correctly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

• On the TV, ensure that HDMI Control is set to ON - see page 26 of the manual : HERE
  • On the AV Receiver, ensure that Control for HDMI is set to ON - see HERE

Cheers

kulbhupa
Explorer

Hi, thanks for the response. I have checked on both the TV and the Receiver
and both HDMI settings are set to ON.
It was working a few weeks back. When the Receiver was turned on the TV
would say Audio System on and I could use the TV remote to control volume.
Then when it was turned off then it would say TV Speaker on.
I am just wondering if there is anything else I could check?!?
--

Kind Regards
Kulvinder Bhupal
kulbhupa
Explorer

After a few pointers from others around issues with Bravia Sync, it appears that when I moved the TV plug from the wall socket to an extension power socket, that is where the HDMI issues must have started!

I have now moved the TV power back into a wall socket and now TV recognises the HDMI signals from the Receiver and automatically switches from using the Receiver AMP Audio System to TV Speakers and back, correctly.