Join now - be part of our community!

Sync Issues

SOLVED
ianoludz
Explorer

Sync Issues

Hi,

Just bought a HT-XT100 soundbar for my KDL 43W755C TV. Works great with optical cable but HDMI is just not syncing.

I had it working for about an hour but when I turned TV back on got a sync error and havent been able to fix it.

I can live with the optical cable for TV but my XBox One is out of sync and I suspect it is something to do with the HDMI issue.

Everything has been reset to factory defaults and updated. HDMI cable is not the issue.

Any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ianoludz
Explorer

Ended up nuying a couple of those CEC Less adapters, everything worked straight away.

Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I am unsure if you have solved this yet, but read through the advanced part of the link below and see what happens.  Sometimes another HDMI connected device does interfer with the HDMI signal of another device.

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/hdmi-problems-troubleshooting-steps/td-p/2141941

Cheers

ianoludz
Explorer

Hi mate

Yes, sort of solved it.

Unplugged everything and plugged back in one by one (including a reset on the soundbar).

Sounbar and TV synced up straight away via HDMI and XBox is also working through HDMI.

The problem is when I turn off everything at power socket and turn back on power socket I'm back to square one.

When devices are on standby and turned back on there is no issue.

There must be some interference somewhere but for now things are relatively ok.

There is some faint crackling on soundbar from Xbox so maybe a new HDMI cable might help that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Glad you have managed to 'almost' solve it.  I used to have a Sony PVR Recorder (SVR-HDT500), which is no longer connected to my system now - but used to do the same thing.  Switching it (and all) devices off from the wall, used to cause me HDMI Handshake issues.

However to resolve this, you need to switch of HDMI-CEC features to the problem device.  Issue then goes away.  But you need to identify problem device first.  You can also try a HDMI-CEC Less adaptor such as THIS ONE

Cheers

ianoludz
Explorer

Ended up nuying a couple of those CEC Less adapters, everything worked straight away.

Thanks for your help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're welcome :slight_smile:

Glad its all working now.