Join now - be part of our community!

UBP X800 uhd player SDR performance

UBP X800 uhd player SDR performance

Has anyone tried the sdr performance on this player, I ask as my KDX-55X900A is sconsidered by my Panasonic to be so and therefore imposes a colour tint to all my discs! Very unhappy with the UB900 player in this respect. Any help or guidance would be appreciated, many thanks

Smarty.

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have no experience on the UBP-X800 - but there is another person on another thread that is having an issue.  I am wondering if maybe you could try helping each other.

See

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/home-cinema-projectors-players/sony-ubp-x800-loads-bd-amp-uhd-discs-...

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

You say Sony X800, but then talk about the Panasonic UB900.

Which is it?

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking

Perhaps I wasn't clear in my OP? I have a UB900 which in my case imposes a colour tint when playing Blu-ray standard or UHD, I just wanted to know if the X800 did the same if anyone else was experiencing the same problem with the panny?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

On your TV, have a look at the settings in the following link to see if they look correct. 

http://helpguide.sony.net/gbmig/C5151001/v1/eng/c_extinput_visettings.html

Thus far, I have not seen or heard of any issues in regards to colour tints link your issue.

Cheers

Settings are correct, the Panny overides the settings of the tv in my case, I've noticed that trying to select home whilst the tv is on hdmi2  (uhd player) it wont work, as I say when you start a disc a tint is imposed but strangely when playing uhd content on you tube the colur is fantastic.

profile.country.GB.title
Sonyvores
Contributor

UBP-X800 's HDR-SDR mode is a special feature that has been tuned by Sony Japan wwith the help of Sony Picture Entertainment (USA) and it allows you to set 7 degrees of conversion from HDR-SDR to match your preferrence in terms of color gradiant 😃