Dołącz teraz - stań się częścią naszej społeczności!

Xperia 5 reboots at 10 am every day

profile.country.GB.title
arnieboy
Poszukiwacz

Xperia 5 reboots at 10 am every day

Hi

My phone works fine but every day it reboots at 10 am. Any ideas how I can tell what is causing the reboot? Do I go into safe mode just before 10 am to see if it still happens for example?

Thanks

18 ODPOW. 18
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Great

Let us know the outcome after you test that one 

profile.country.GB.title
arnieboy
Poszukiwacz

Hi, no difference it still reboots. I wonder if it's to to with the Retail Demo app. I have disabled it using developer options but unless I root the phone I can't get rid of it.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Why don't you try to do software repair by the Xperia companion, it could solve the issue 

profile.country.GB.title
arnieboy
Poszukiwacz

Hi

I am confused - that's what I did as I explained. It makes no difference. I think it's the retail demo app myself but as I say to fully remove it, as opposed to just disabling it, needs root access.

Piscie
Community Team

Hey! Yes of course it might be the reason of restarting. In order to exit the retail mode, you must ensure that the demo device isn't enrolled under device management and factory reset the device from the boot loader.

profile.country.GB.title
Tanimara
Poszukiwacz

It is an old thread but was the problem solved?

I have exactly same problem on a Xperia 5 IV with latest SW (Android 13 – 64.1.A.0.869)

It was also present on Android 12 before I updated to Android 13

In Safe mode it also reboots at 10.

profile.country.GB.title
arnieboy
Poszukiwacz

Hi, definitely not solved. I was hoping it was easy to fix, i.e. a bit like Windows where you can work as an administrator and fix things. I have no knowledge of Android code but have come to the conclusion that unless I root the phone I won't be able to fix this. I think the reboot is emebeded in the o/s in some way, along with Retail Demo. I worry that I will brick the phone if I try to root it, in the same way fiddling with the bios in Windows can brick a laptop. Basically, I am not a developer so don't want to risk it. I find that every day, without fail, my phone reboots and retail demo then decides to adjust the sleep setting to nothing, deletes any photos taken since the last reboot on the internal storage and pre-sets the volume. Therefore, I go into deleloper options and simply stop retail demo until the next reboot, resetting the sleep setting and making sure all photos are stored on the sd card. In essence I just work round the issue. If anyone knows otherwise I would be delighted to try any fix. I did reinstall Android 9, to no avail. Equally, my phone refuses to upgrade to Android 10. When I Google my issue, all threads for some reason only deal with random reboots, not a scheduled one. Hope this helps.

profile.country.GB.title
SkyNet404
Specjalista

Well that seems like an awful lot to do with a phone, and if by chance the phone is in warranty it would void it! So if you reach the software repair and it's still didn't resolve the issue, contact Sony mate to send if for repair instead. Unless you really trust your engineering skills. 

profile.country.GB.title
arnieboy
Poszukiwacz

I fixed it, a chap on YouTube has the solution without rooting the phone. The only thing left is the charging limit.