Join now - be part of our community!

A65 MODEL

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
mrsgoodcook
Visitor

A65 MODEL

Hi

I have a flashing M.M.-2.0 on screen when i am in manual mode can anybody tell me what this is? and how to turn it off.

Message was edited by: mrsgoodcook

SNAPSHOT ATTACHED. I USE THESE SETTINGS WHEN I TAKE PHOTOS WITH MY HOME STUDIO LIGHTING.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.de_DE.title
cmosse
Contributor

The flashing "M.M +/-2.=" indicates that your manual setting for exposure is above/below a +/- 2 EV range  to the exposusere setting which has been metered by the camera.

Note if you change setting for aperture/shutter speed (increase SS or open aperture in your case) the EV indicator will change from a blinking "-2" to a dedicated value (e.g. -1 EV) depending on your setting.

With this feature you can always monitor and compare your manually set exposure to the one which the camera would have set in AUTO exposure mode.

Kind Regards

Michael

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello jencook8 - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Could you please let me know whereabouts on the screen you are seeing this flashing text? I have been looking at the manual diagrams for this camera and it would help if you could tell me where it is appearing. If you have another camera (or a phone camera) available, would it be possible to take a photo of the screen and attach it to this forum message?

Thanks,

Simon

profile.country.de_DE.title
cmosse
Contributor

The flashing "M.M +/-2.=" indicates that your manual setting for exposure is above/below a +/- 2 EV range  to the exposusere setting which has been metered by the camera.

Note if you change setting for aperture/shutter speed (increase SS or open aperture in your case) the EV indicator will change from a blinking "-2" to a dedicated value (e.g. -1 EV) depending on your setting.

With this feature you can always monitor and compare your manually set exposure to the one which the camera would have set in AUTO exposure mode.

Kind Regards

Michael