Join now - be part of our community!

Can't update nex 3 firmware?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Zenith99
Visitor

Can't update nex 3 firmware?

I've recently acquired a Nex F3 camera and I have a problem updating the firmware which is driving me mad. Wonder if anyone can help?

The camera came with version 1 of the firmware installed and the version I am tryng to install is the latest one, version 5.

The camera works fine and can connect to the computer via USB and can transfer photos etc.

However when I try to update the firmware using the following, this happens

a) Switch on camera and make sure USB mode = mass storage

b) Connect camera to computer.

c) Try to run firmware update software.

Message says 'Could not find camera for this update'. So the firmware update software doesn't recognise the camera as connected whereas I can 'see' the camera OK in windows explorer etc.

The computer is running Windows 8. I've also tried 2 other computers - one running Windows 7 and the other Windows XP. Both with exactly the same result.

Very frustrating!!

Can't find anything helpful on Google.

Any ideas would be much appreciated,

Thanks in anticipation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mick2011
New

Hi Zenith99, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

I believe the NEX-F3 is still only at version 1.4... from the title of the thread I'd guess you're looking at the NEX-3 updater, which is a different camera, and which is at v.5. Easy mistake to make :dizzy:

Your camera firmware is probably up to date. For future reference you'll find all available F3 updates on this support page: http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/NEX-F3/updates

Cheers

Mick

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Mick2011
New

Hi Zenith99, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

I believe the NEX-F3 is still only at version 1.4... from the title of the thread I'd guess you're looking at the NEX-3 updater, which is a different camera, and which is at v.5. Easy mistake to make :dizzy:

Your camera firmware is probably up to date. For future reference you'll find all available F3 updates on this support page: http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/NEX-F3/updates

Cheers

Mick