Join now - be part of our community!

[Master Thread] - 4K / 2160p Juddering Issues - Sky/BT

SOLVED
palmeri8145
Explorer

[Master Thread] - 4K / 2160p Juddering Issues - Sky/BT

Hi all - thanks for all the informative information I have found on this community site.

I have recently purchased the above tv and I am using it with a (UK) BT Ultra HD package. The output of the box is 2160p50 and I have set it to 10 bit colour.

Generally speaking I am very happy with the telly but I am experiencing a bug which sounds similar to the "Screen Format: Full" issue reported on another thread.

After a period of watching TV (normally longer extended periods of say 2 hours), the picture starts to judder and the "Screen Format: Full" message flicks on and off. The only way to recover this is to switch the telly off and on again which seems to allow the telly to "resync". This problem happens *every* day when watching TV at least once.

It is not a problem with the BT box as when I switch that on and off the picture problem does not clear.

I have tried different 4K related settings on the telly / BT box but the problem still occurs. Has anyone else noticed this with the TV ?

Thanks,

Ian

279 REPLIES 279
profile.country.GB.title
notspurs

I would like to know if sky q was ever going to work on these tv's, when you go through the setup on sky box for uhd 10bit, sky does not recognise my tv as a uhd screen, sez "make sure yor screen supports 2160/50. In the spec of the kd x8509c, it states 2160/30 as max for uhd over hdmi. any thoughts?

alanxce

I had this problem on a 55x8509c with the HDMI cable runnng through a CT-780 sound bar. As soon as I ran a cable direct from the SkyQ box to the TV, the problem went away and UHD was available again.

frankie1g

My 65 x8509 has always been detected 
But I run it direct from q box to tv.if that helps
profile.country.GB.title
notspurs

Thank's for replies, so currently sky box is connected to my str dn860, then ARC to tv ARC, if sky is connected to hdmi 1, does this resolve issues with judder?, also then would have to use optical for DD sound from sky

geeebeee72

I was just going to ask this very question. Is anyone having a judder issue when connecting the Sky Q box to a 4K amp then into the TV

Sent from my iPhone
alanxce

geeebeee72

Ever the cynic, you can't log into the support site to further comment at the minute. That's my journey as a guinea pig over with Sony. Looks like my seller has agreed to replace the TV. I'm going for an LG OLED.
Gary

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.GB.title
notspurs

going to run hdmi from sky q silver box direct to my TV to see if it makes a difference, bit of a pain  as TV is mounted on the wall and amp etc are mounted on floating shelves, which means i have to take down everything to run new cables. Still don't know why you have to do this work around, as my STR-DN860 is  hdcp2.2 compliant and supports hdmi 4k passthrough at 30/40/50/60fps

frankie1g

That needs flagin to sony so they can ignore it
profile.country.GB.title
zAndy1uk
Explorer

Geeebeee weeks 

Spoiler