Join now - be part of our community!

[Master Thread] - 4K / 2160p Juddering Issues - Sky/BT

SOLVED
palmeri8145
Explorer

[Master Thread] - 4K / 2160p Juddering Issues - Sky/BT

Hi all - thanks for all the informative information I have found on this community site.

I have recently purchased the above tv and I am using it with a (UK) BT Ultra HD package. The output of the box is 2160p50 and I have set it to 10 bit colour.

Generally speaking I am very happy with the telly but I am experiencing a bug which sounds similar to the "Screen Format: Full" issue reported on another thread.

After a period of watching TV (normally longer extended periods of say 2 hours), the picture starts to judder and the "Screen Format: Full" message flicks on and off. The only way to recover this is to switch the telly off and on again which seems to allow the telly to "resync". This problem happens *every* day when watching TV at least once.

It is not a problem with the BT box as when I switch that on and off the picture problem does not clear.

I have tried different 4K related settings on the telly / BT box but the problem still occurs. Has anyone else noticed this with the TV ?

Thanks,

Ian

279 REPLIES 279
alanxce

Quinnnicus - I hope this statement is correct because I am going to return the cables I bought at the weekend on the strength of it.

HDMI Cables:
You needs to use specific HDMI Cables that supports 18Gbps = Premium Certified

Purchased at weekend:

IBRA® 1.5m High Speed PRO GOLD RED HDMI 2.0/1.4a HDMI Cable 3D 2160p PS4 SKY HD 4K Ultra HD. 

Returning them because in the Q&As for the product the supplier quotes 15.2 Gbps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there @alanxce

That information came from an email from Sony at lunchtime today.

Using the same brand - have a look at the 'Luxury Gold' - just reading quickly in the description it states 18Gbps. Good price too.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
notspurs

From someone who is using 18gb hdmi cables!, with judder, seems Sony are comming out with more excuses.

My view is, Sony are unable to fix this issue, if they could why did they release an update on the 30th Sept that did not fix the judder problem, I think they got desperate to give us something the question is,  if the update was not to solve problems with judder, then what was it? maybe an old update, with a new number??? so if you are like me, still with judder issues, what has been "updated" on my TV?

marc.knuckle
Explorer

My juddering is still there after the firmware update too. 

I just went to go into the settings to make sure the hdmi is set to enhanced by it wouldn't let me access settings. It just flickered and went back to the program.  I had to power cycle off/on to access settings. 

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

As promised I just got SkyQ today. I have been testing various options along with 4K content. My settings are below:

• HDMI > Set to advanced
  • Plugged directly in to HDMI 1
  • Using a 4k certfied cambridge audio ( richer sounds own make ) cable via ARC to send sound and picture to my Sony 1050 AV Receiver.
  • Latest update installed, factory reset done
  • Sony 55X8509C

So far I have note seen any judder. TV has been running since about 2pm on and off. Hope it stays this way, will give an update in a few days.

shozzer1
Explorer

Still no juddering since saturday evening and hdmi set back to standard, did have on advanced but juddered like hell.

I seem to be different to everyone else. 

Bit reluctant to switch back to advanced on hdmi, but if i am on standard, will 4k content be compromised? Do i need to be on advanced hdmi settings to get full benefit of 4k?

marc.knuckle
Explorer

I did do a factory reset twice, just after the update then Sunday as well. 

I have it set to enhanced, should i change it back? 

Taker316
Explorer

I just had the judder, but from using my Nvidia Shield on hdmi 4 via Pioneer sc-lx59. Looks like the update may have made things worse.

shozzer1
Explorer

I can only say mine juddered on advanced and does not, or hasnt for 3 days now on standard.

Just hope im not compromising 4k content.

NeeweN
Explorer

Me too don't have any signs of juddering.