Join now - be part of our community!

sonymemories

everken
Explorer

sonymemories

recently purchased Sony camcorder cx240e I am now trying to download Sony memories to my windows 8-1, the Sony memories loads ok it then shows updating database it then says could take a while but the progress bar goes up to 66% then disappears, can anyone tell me what is wrong and how to rectifies this problem thanks ken
4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.DE.title
darkframe
Expert

Hi,

you're obviously running into the same trouble which German users are facing every now and then.

A download of (full) version 8.1 is still available here. Installing that version helped most users but I do not know whether it's an international or just a German version (it was uploaded from a German Sony representative).

Anyhow, that version will most likely install and updating to the latest version should work as well. Maybe worth a try.

Best wishes

darkframe

Wo kämen wir hin, wenn jeder sagte, wo kämen wir hin und keiner ginge, um zu sehen, wohin wir kämen, wenn wir gingen... (© by Kurt Marti)
everken
Explorer

hi

thanks for your input, but it is still the same problem still bombs out
during database upload have found it operates ok in window 7as it doesn't
ask update load so is it something on my pc that's causing the problem
many thanks ken
profile.country.DE.title
darkframe
Expert

Hi,

well, that's strange. Seems as if actually there's something wrong on your PC. Maybe the trouble is related to an outdated/corrupt installation of the so-called .NET-framework (?

Anyhow, I'll have a look whether I can find a downloadable full executable of the current version. That might need some time though.

Best wishes

darkframe

Wo kämen wir hin, wenn jeder sagte, wo kämen wir hin und keiner ginge, um zu sehen, wohin wir kämen, wenn wir gingen... (© by Kurt Marti)
MavisCruet
Explorer

I'd also appreciate a full download .. The laptop I use in my disabled clients home, does not have Internet access so I can't download Play Memories Home, so we are unable to edit his holiday videos. I tried putting it on a memory stick, but it still looks for Internet access .. Thanks.