Join now - be part of our community!

UK version DSC-TX100V

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
mjdixon
Visitor

UK version DSC-TX100V

Does anybody know why the Cybershot  DSC-TX100V camera will not be available in the UK ?.

It's been removed from the Sony.co.uk website, But is shown on the German,Dutch and other EU Sony sites.

I have emailed Sony but was told "There are no plans to release this camera on the UK market under the name of TX100V"  it was suggested that I buy a TX10 instead which is a inferior model to the TX100V.

It was anounced in January, But the press release doesn't indicate where and where it won't available.

I can understand if the camera was only available in the US or Japan, But I thought we were part of the EU and it appears the UK and Ireland won't getting this camera.

Thanks Malcolm

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StartTheCar
Contributor

Malcom

Just had a look through the current product guide for 2011 and I can confirm there is no DSC-TX100 listed.   I can also confirm that the T110 and TX10 models will be available in the UK

As you suggest, the US and Japanese markets are very different from here and they will choose to range greater selection of models.  However, while you are right to suggest that the EU is often similar in what it ranges,  each region still has a say in what it does and doesn’t take.

Hope this helps

Lee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StartTheCar
Contributor

Malcom

Just had a look through the current product guide for 2011 and I can confirm there is no DSC-TX100 listed.   I can also confirm that the T110 and TX10 models will be available in the UK

As you suggest, the US and Japanese markets are very different from here and they will choose to range greater selection of models.  However, while you are right to suggest that the EU is often similar in what it ranges,  each region still has a say in what it does and doesn’t take.

Hope this helps

Lee