Join now - be part of our community!

PRS-TI is not being detected by my computer. Help!

SOLVED
profile.country.en_IE.title
trex48
Visitor

PRS-TI is not being detected by my computer. Help!

This is my first ereader and it's already driving me crazy. I have the Sony Library on the set-up on the computer and my first purchase is there. I'm also registered with Sony. However, when I hook-up the ereader to the computer it goes into "transfer data mode" but nothing transfers. It's three days and counting and I'm cross eyed from trying to sort this out. Any help out there for a Newbie?

I also can't track down the infamous 100 free books for love nor money but I'm hoping they are one and the same issue.

Finally, my 5 year old got hold of the ereader first and the three books that seem to come with the reader are in Spanish..................including the Sony Manual! Can this be sorted out or will i have to take up Spanish classes?

:thinking:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
carpetmojo

The language on the T1 is English I hope !  This sounds like a rogue - get in touch with the retailer in the first place, it's their responsibility to sort your problem out as far as the missing language manuals. I'd hold back on the language lessons - unless it's a new move by Sony to improve understanding between peoples !"

Do you drag 'n drop from the reader library ? Not having used the reader software yet with buys - I've been relying on Calibre - I think the glitch is in the procedure. Hopefully someone who's there already can be more helpful.

But I'm having a crack this weekend, so I'll get back to you if I find anything helpful.

And the "free 100 books" - these seem to be notoriously hard to get, I failed with both my 650 & 350, only got a portion of them  - but rest easy, they are all public domain , so have a look on Gutenberg or MobileRead free library, 1,000's at both places, and all free !

I mentioned before here, the collection I did get was very heavy on worthies such as Oscar Wilde and Dickens, Bronte/Austin etc.... all available in the free libraries, with a better choice !

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
carpetmojo

The language on the T1 is English I hope !  This sounds like a rogue - get in touch with the retailer in the first place, it's their responsibility to sort your problem out as far as the missing language manuals. I'd hold back on the language lessons - unless it's a new move by Sony to improve understanding between peoples !"

Do you drag 'n drop from the reader library ? Not having used the reader software yet with buys - I've been relying on Calibre - I think the glitch is in the procedure. Hopefully someone who's there already can be more helpful.

But I'm having a crack this weekend, so I'll get back to you if I find anything helpful.

And the "free 100 books" - these seem to be notoriously hard to get, I failed with both my 650 & 350, only got a portion of them  - but rest easy, they are all public domain , so have a look on Gutenberg or MobileRead free library, 1,000's at both places, and all free !

I mentioned before here, the collection I did get was very heavy on worthies such as Oscar Wilde and Dickens, Bronte/Austin etc.... all available in the free libraries, with a better choice !