Join now - be part of our community!

Updating Sony Xperia Companion

profile.country.GB.title
Thomas301

Updating Sony Xperia Companion

When I try backing up my Smartphone L1 to Google I get an error message saying 'This browser or app may not be secure. Try using a different browser. If you're already using a supported browser, you can try again to sign in'. Would it be worth updating Xperia companion, and if so how?

28 REPLIES 28
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi @Thomas301

Backing up with the Xperia Companion might not work, as the device is a bit old.

But, why don't you try the instructions here to  backup using Google and check: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/mobile-phones-tablets-mobile-phones/articles/SX915801

profile.country.GB.title
Thomas301

Thanks   EMS_MO72,

I'll try this sometime and get back to you when I've tried it.

profile.country.GB.title
Thomas301

In these instructions, in Settings I cannot see system.

profile.country.GB.title
Thomas301

I’m afraid this hasn’t worked. In the instructions, in settings I can’t see System. If I tap Backup & reset-more-Manual backup-SD card-Online account I get an error message saying ‘Online account error, could not connect to online account.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Is your Google account registered on the phone properly?

profile.country.GB.title
Thomas301

How do I check this?.

profile.country.GB.title
Thomas301

With settings-Accounts and Sync-Add Account-Google-e mail-next I get a message saying 'This account already exists on your device', should I create a new account on my phone?.

Piscie
Community Team

Hey @Thomas301 yes, you can try to delete the existing Google account and add it again, or add different one if possible, then back up to Google Drive: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/mobile-phones-tablets-mobile-phones/articles/00243159

profile.country.GB.title
Thomas301

How do I delete my existing Google account from my phone?.