Join now - be part of our community!

Updating Sony Xperia Companion

profile.country.GB.title
Thomas301

Updating Sony Xperia Companion

When I try backing up my Smartphone L1 to Google I get an error message saying 'This browser or app may not be secure. Try using a different browser. If you're already using a supported browser, you can try again to sign in'. Would it be worth updating Xperia companion, and if so how?

28 REPLIES 28
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

I believe you will need to reset the whole device.

But you can add another account 

profile.country.GB.title
Thomas301

Thanks, I'll have another go at creating a new account when my phone is charged.

profile.country.GB.title
Thomas301

I managed to remove my Google account and get a new one so I'll try a backup again sometime.

Piscie
Community Team

Hey @Thomas301, great! Keep us updated on the outcome of the backup. 

profile.country.GB.title
Thomas301

I tapped BackUp and restore-SD card-online account and it is now trying to sign in. Wi-fi is connected.

Piscie
Community Team

@Thomas301 make sure to enable the Automatic backup setting: System - Backup - enable it and make sure your Google account is saved.

profile.country.GB.title
Thomas301

How do I make sure my Google account is saved?.

profile.country.GB.title
Thomas301

My phone is now trying to sign into my Google account. It seems to be difficult to sign in after my phone has been off.  I shall have to leave my phone on until it does sign in.

profile.country.GB.title
Thomas301

I have done a factory restore before which you suggested on 30th July 2021 but still had the same problem.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

@Thomas301

Can you go to Settings > Accounts & sync > Google , and add an account if you didn't find any registered. If you found an existing account, then this is the one registered on your phone.