Join now - be part of our community!

Record to USB - Register HDD to TV and store media files

SOLVED
profile.country.da_DK.title
pndbrd
Visitor

Record to USB - Register HDD to TV and store media files

Hello,

I have a 26ex320 and I would like to use the same harddisk for recording TV and for playing media content that I have put on the harddisk from my pc. It seems like the television ruins the harddisk's formatting :slight_frown:

Is it really so that I can't use my harddisk for anything as long as it is registered to the tv?

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi,

apparrently once its registered to the tv it cant be used on the pc, many have tried and failed,

Sony have not brought forward any help or information (to date) on a procedure to assist those who get stuck with this, many of us spend a small fortune on HDD drives only to find that once registered to the tv it puts some sort of software on it which renders it un usable on anything else.

the only way round this (for some) is to go into disc management on your pc and delete the offending partition, but unfortunately many have failed to do this.

whats really neede here is for Sony to explain, in no uncertain terms the correct way to use these drives and how to return them to their original state for use on computers.

my guess is all this is down to copyright issues, and Sony are very hot on these things and thats probably why they dont like to say too much about this.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Bravia55HX

Hi,

apparrently once its registered to the tv it cant be used on the pc, many have tried and failed,

Sony have not brought forward any help or information (to date) on a procedure to assist those who get stuck with this, many of us spend a small fortune on HDD drives only to find that once registered to the tv it puts some sort of software on it which renders it un usable on anything else.

the only way round this (for some) is to go into disc management on your pc and delete the offending partition, but unfortunately many have failed to do this.

whats really neede here is for Sony to explain, in no uncertain terms the correct way to use these drives and how to return them to their original state for use on computers.

my guess is all this is down to copyright issues, and Sony are very hot on these things and thats probably why they dont like to say too much about this.

profile.country.da_DK.title
pndbrd
Visitor

Thank you for the answer, Bravia55HX923! It is a shame because I bought a 500 gb hdd because I thought I could use it for more than just recording..

It would be nice if I could create a partition for recording and a partition for private pictures and stuff..

Bravia55HX

yes it would be nice, but you cant!, so come on guys at Sony please give us detailed do's and dont's on this one