Join now - be part of our community!

Standby Power consumption when recording set

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
traveltiger
Visitor

Standby Power consumption when recording set

Hi,
Does anyone have any idea what the Power consumption of the KDL-CX523 is when  in Standby and there is a recording or reminder set. There is an  additional yellow light showing on the front of the set when this is the  case. Looking at the documentation for my set it there is some mention  of Standby EPG mode which uses 15 watts, standard Standby is only 0.3  watts.
My problem here is that if I want to use the HDD recording facility to  record a series then my set will potentially be burning at least 15  watts all the time. That seems quite a lot to me.
If I had a Power Meter I would like to check this out but unfortunately I`m a bit skint after buying the set.
AW

11 REPLIES 11
KDL-CX520
Visitor

Thank you TravelTiger for your feedback , I think there is more than switching off the front LED light . Such as some additional PCB units disengaged. Because you make me more curious to know the details , i have Ampere meter , i will go to measure and let you know the results 

Regards

KDL-CX520
Visitor

Well , i would like to share you the results

Test done on my KDL-32CX520

Standby mode - switching off using the remote

The intial ampere was 70mA . After five minutes it drops to 29.1 mA

Plan calculation based on DC power suppy (not actual AC) it will be 15.4W then 6.4W

Standby mode - switching off using the side panel switch

Same results as the above (28.7 mA after five minutes)

From the above it is clear that both Standby modes are same. The only difference was the front LED light ( same as traveltiger stated)

i am curious to know the reason behide switching off the LED light.

Waiting for any additional  input from Thalamus with thanks.