Dołącz teraz - stań się częścią naszej społeczności!

Bluetooth Driver not working after Update?

ROZWIĄZANE
profile.country.en_GB.title
TheeCheesyFeet
Początkujący

Bluetooth Driver not working after Update?

Hi,

I recently had some new updates come through for my laptop (SVE14A1C5E).

However when I tried to install the Bluetooth driver update (Bluetooth Driver (Intel) - 2.6.1210.0278a), the install wizard started, did some stuff but then said 'rolling back action' and came up saying that there had been an error and the install had failed, and that the system had not been modified.

However now, when I go into device manager, the blutooth driver has a yellow bang next to it and says 'unknown device', and the description says 'Reinstall the drivers for this device. (Code 18)'. I have tried to update the drivers via the sony website downloads page however it keeps failing. I also troubleshooted the driver and tried to update from the device manager direct however this didnt work either.

On a side note, Vaio Update doesnt come up with the update any more so maybe it cannot see the bluetooth device now?

(Im running Windows 8 from an upgrade and can confirm that it was working fine on it before this update).

Anyone have any ideas as to how to fix this issue? I was considering completely uninstalling the bluetooth and then reinstalling, however im unsure which driver to use (especially as i have the windows 8 upgrade and so cannot just use the original) as all of the downloads just look like updates to me.

Thanks in Advance

Message was edited by: TheeCheesyFeet

Message was edited by: TheeCheesyFeet

Tagi (3)
1 ZAAKCEPTOWANE ROZWIĄZANIE

Zaakceptowane rozwiązania
TheeCheesyFeet
Początkujący

Hi,

Never mind, got fed up of trying to resolve the issue and so just restored my laptop back to before the update and (what a surprise!) the bluetooth driver is working fine again.

Its quite dissapointing when you shell out for a premium brand like sony and yet it seems every update doesnt work or even breaks something, whilst 'Vaio Update' is just a joke with next to nothing on it working for me these days.....

Wyświetl rozwiązanie w oryginalnym poście

2 ODPOW. 2
TheeCheesyFeet
Początkujący

Hi,

Never mind, got fed up of trying to resolve the issue and so just restored my laptop back to before the update and (what a surprise!) the bluetooth driver is working fine again.

Its quite dissapointing when you shell out for a premium brand like sony and yet it seems every update doesnt work or even breaks something, whilst 'Vaio Update' is just a joke with next to nothing on it working for me these days.....

profile.country.GB.title
juhowar74
Poszukiwacz

Hit the same problem.  Had to restore.

I traced the rollback issue down to broken security permissions on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\BTHPORT\Parameters and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\BTHPORT\Upgrade.

Surfing it appears this is a common problem.  I changed the ownership of these keys to Adminstrator(s) rather than System which allows the child keys to be seen.  I then re-ran the installer which then succeeded in completing, but left the bluetooth driver in the same state.

I think there's some sort of firmware load when the bluetooth driver loads and after updating it breaks how this happens.  Particularly as the sequence of errors is code 18, code 1, code 28.

I'm pretty peeved as Vaio Update is bleating about the update, along with an older WiFi driver.  WiDi is also completely broken with the Intel software saying I'm out of date with my drivers despite using all the latest ones (including WiDi 3.5).

It's hopeless with Sony Support impossible to contact ...

My machine is a brand new SVZ1311C5E and it seems its entirely my problem to resolve this. Come on Sony, surely you can do better?