Join now - be part of our community!

format problem.

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
chityala
Visitor

format problem.

hi my laptop got virus but i do not have back disks because my dealer did not provide me the back disks what can i do now and how to format my laptop .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi chityala,

welcome to Club VAIO Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Most Vaio's has a hidden HDD recovery partition so as long as it has not been infected then you should be able to recover your Vaio back to the original  installed OS and programs just as it was when you first used your Vaio.

To  do this Start your Vaio and when you see the Vaio logo screen press F10  repeatedly this should start the recovery utility and allow you restore the Sony supplied OS and applications..:smileywink:

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi chityala,

welcome to Club VAIO Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Most Vaio's has a hidden HDD recovery partition so as long as it has not been infected then you should be able to recover your Vaio back to the original  installed OS and programs just as it was when you first used your Vaio.

To  do this Start your Vaio and when you see the Vaio logo screen press F10  repeatedly this should start the recovery utility and allow you restore the Sony supplied OS and applications..:smileywink:

chityala
Visitor

hi.....i need know one thing, how can i divide my hard disk into partitions.....now only one partition am using i need to divide into 3 parts can u give about this .....detailly

thanqqq

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

What model vaio do you have as the there are different options.?

chityala
Visitor

hi...my model is Sony EE2 Series 15.5in AMD Laptop..can tell me how can i do...?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

The cheapest option is to use Windows 7's inbuilt disk management tool.?

I would recomend you back up and important data just incase something goes wrong..:smileywink:

Click Start, then right click on Computer and select manage.

In the Computer management widow, under storage, click on disk management

Then right click the partition and select either Expand or Shrink to change the size of the partition.

This should allow you to safely resize your C drive without any data loss..

I have found a guide, for Vista, explaining the process which you may find usfull, to view the guide use the following link: Resize a Partitionhttp://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-6170510.html

chityala
Visitor

hi..thalamus..

can u give me details of about partitions.... am trying to expand my C drive but it not working     

chityala
Visitor

hi ...

i enble to open my microsoft office ...how can i install my office 2010. all word ,ppt,excel etc.

can u give me details about it ....

chityala
Visitor

my model is Sony EE2 Series 15.5in AMD Laptop