Join now - be part of our community!

VPCF12MOE problem

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Will1111
Visitor

VPCF12MOE problem

Hi,  I recently bought a Vaio VPCF12MOE laptop.  I was confident that it would be a big improvement on my basic Acer that I bought 4 years ago, but I was wrong.  Or am I doing something wrong?

I only use tha computer to store and edit photos.  So all I have installed are 4 photographic programmes.  But when I open a photo so see it or to edit it I have to wait about 23 seconds, compared to 8 seconds with the same programme on my old Acer.  Why?  (my photo files are usually about 24 mb each).

As you can imagine, waiting 23 seconds to see a photo on a brand new computer that is supposed to me ulta fast is very dissappointing.

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks,

Will

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

That doesn't sound right.

What program are you using to open the pictures?

Where are you loading the pictures from - the hard drive?

Is everything you are using BOTH 64-bit and Windows 7 compliant?  It sounds like something is having to be converted.

:thinking:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

That doesn't sound right.

What program are you using to open the pictures?

Where are you loading the pictures from - the hard drive?

Is everything you are using BOTH 64-bit and Windows 7 compliant?  It sounds like something is having to be converted.

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
Will1111
Visitor

Hi Blencogo,

Thanks for the advice.  I downloaded the windows 7 updates for ZoomBrowser and DPP and now the computer is lightning fast.  It is amazing.  And I know I should have known about updating for Windows 7, but I'm not used to all this.

Thanks again. You're great!

Will