Join now - be part of our community!

windows 7 and drivers problem

profile.country.en_GB.title
Romeolo888
Visitor

windows 7 and drivers problem

hello all

right, this is the situation,

i had windows 7 Chinese version installed on my vgn-z11vn laptop.  Everything was working fine including all the drivers.  After a while i couldn't stand the chinese characters at the end of the day so i wanted to sofwindows 7 english version.

Ok so i reinstall the english version of windows 7 on my laptop, but it seems to have saved all the drivers from the previous chinese install.  This is where the problem starts

in device manager i have three contents with 3 exclammation marks that will not work on my computer as below:

Base system Device

Unknown device

SDA Standard Compliant SD Host COntroller

ok

so i already got all the drivers downloaded and when i try to install the SDA Standard Compliant SD Host COntroller, it says i cannot install this because it is already installed.

so here, i gathered that the previous drivers were installed so i install all the utilitys and original function drivers to see if there would be any change.  and i am still stuck with the above contents that i cant install.

Please can someone help, this has been doing my head in all day.

thanks for your time all

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

It seems to me that some or all of these relate to the MemoryStick/SD Card Slot drivers.

Have you reinstalled BOTH the Ricoh MS and Ricoh SD Memory Card Read/Write Drivers from here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/preinstalled/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGN-Z11VN_B

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
Romeolo888
Visitor

right, after figuring out what was wrong with the probelm it was sytem base device that was a problem

a simple problem that was caused due to failure to unzip the file from the zip, lol

thanks for help all!!

I have no problems in device manager now.