Join now - be part of our community!

mex bt 3800

SOLVED

mex bt 3800

Hi got an mex bt3800 the BT hands free phone works fine when useing the radio (tuner selected), incomming call stops the radio, flashes phone on the dosplay and rings through the speakers, press connect and talk no problem, in cd mode (from either head unit or remote changer) or any other source a call comes in the music stops and display flashes phone the mobilr phone rings as normal but no ringtone from the speakers, press connect and the call connects (mobile stops ringing) but you can't hear them and they cant hear you, tried a friends bt3700 and that is exactly the same, been through both manuals (3800 and 3700) but can't find anything that covers this, have tried dissconnect all BT devices and reset and paired a few times but still the same, anyone any ideas.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi, I found a couple of old threads on the forum and problem solved, a lot of vehicles now have amps fitted as standard, (I've one in each door) most factory fitted units are switched on by a signal/supply from the head unit usually the blue wire (for electric ariel), with tuner selected this signal is on all the time even when the hands free operates, on the mex head units when any other source is selected (cd or aux etc ) as soon as you receive a call and the hands free picks up/connects this signal zeros which tells the amps to switch off, hence you can't hear a thing. The head units have a dedicated output for a power amp remote (blue/white) if you connect this to the blue elec ariel out (not the light blue ATT wire) the amps stay powered all the time the head unit is switched on, just tried it and works a treat

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi, I found a couple of old threads on the forum and problem solved, a lot of vehicles now have amps fitted as standard, (I've one in each door) most factory fitted units are switched on by a signal/supply from the head unit usually the blue wire (for electric ariel), with tuner selected this signal is on all the time even when the hands free operates, on the mex head units when any other source is selected (cd or aux etc ) as soon as you receive a call and the hands free picks up/connects this signal zeros which tells the amps to switch off, hence you can't hear a thing. The head units have a dedicated output for a power amp remote (blue/white) if you connect this to the blue elec ariel out (not the light blue ATT wire) the amps stay powered all the time the head unit is switched on, just tried it and works a treat

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi rogerdodger01,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..:smileyhappy:

Thanks for taking the time to post the solution to your problem, much appreciated, hopefully it will help others with a similar problem..:smileythumbsup: