Join now - be part of our community!

[Master Thread] - 4K / 2160p Juddering Issues - Sky/BT

SOLVED
palmeri8145
Explorer

[Master Thread] - 4K / 2160p Juddering Issues - Sky/BT

Hi all - thanks for all the informative information I have found on this community site.

I have recently purchased the above tv and I am using it with a (UK) BT Ultra HD package. The output of the box is 2160p50 and I have set it to 10 bit colour.

Generally speaking I am very happy with the telly but I am experiencing a bug which sounds similar to the "Screen Format: Full" issue reported on another thread.

After a period of watching TV (normally longer extended periods of say 2 hours), the picture starts to judder and the "Screen Format: Full" message flicks on and off. The only way to recover this is to switch the telly off and on again which seems to allow the telly to "resync". This problem happens *every* day when watching TV at least once.

It is not a problem with the BT box as when I switch that on and off the picture problem does not clear.

I have tried different 4K related settings on the telly / BT box but the problem still occurs. Has anyone else noticed this with the TV ?

Thanks,

Ian

279 REPLIES 279
bagahun
Explorer

Lol... that's like buying a v12 car and the ecu only allowing the car to work with 6 cylinders only for the dealer to turn around and say sorry it's a software issue. At the end of the day the to is not fit for purpose. I personally will not be looking for a return. Yes it's a inconvenience but not big enough at the moment to justify me returning.

frankie1g

New sales rules covered software as well so up you'res jl
milner993
Explorer

So I installed the latest update on the day of release and yesterday whilst viewing a programme on Netflix the juddering started for a few seconds and then stopped whereas before it wouldn't correct itself unless I changed the hdmi source this is still unacceptable. I have the KD-49x8309c the latest fix has not worked for me either, I'm just wondering who the bloody hell has had their issue of juddering resolved. I've replaced my Sony xperia z3 compact phone and gone back to a Samsung phone I'm now at the point where I'll just take the financial loss and exchange this TV if the problem doesn't get fixed ASAP... COME ON SONY SORT IT OUT.

I wonder if the BBC WATCHDOG would be interested in this story of poor customer service, frequent let downs and unkept promises by Sony 

frankie1g

Watchdog was told regarding the 2015 issues and not intrested.
But the uhd sky bt issue is more media friendly. And more relatable. So it might be worth approaching them again.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Guys

There have bee a few questions about:

• HDMI Cable Specs
  • 2160p / 50hz etc

------------------

HDMI Cables:

• You needs to use specific HDMI Cables that supports 18Gbps = Premium Certified
  • You must enable 'Enhanced Format' in the settings, see FAQ = HERE

TV Specs - 2160p at 50hz

Sony confirms 2015 4K models support 4K at 50hz via HDMI - otherwise NO content would be viewable in 4K from SkyQ Silver boxes.  As an example, for the person who has KD-65X8509C see table below (highlighted in RED)

#Note: Sony will look into why this information is not published on its support website under specification.

Specs01.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@andipr wrote:

A question for Quinnicus, if you are online today -  Clearly there are some issues with these sets and the Sky Q service at the moment, but do you know if these sets have been tested and proven okay with the PS4 Pro 4K output yet?

Any feedback on this woud be greatly appreciated (as always).

Hi @andipr

Im always online (sometimes I dont post though) - and im a bit of a night-owl these days :grin:

Will update you, if/when I get an answer.

Edit: Sony confirms : “No Judder has been encountered thus far using PSF4 Pro 4K”

profile.country.GB.title
notspurs

I am also now in the judder not fixed club. Downloaded the latest joke from Sony on Sunday,turned on the TV today and now have judder. Just had to power cycle TV (KD 55X8509C) I am  starting to think we are all stuffed with these TV's. I seriously think Sony are unable to fix this Issue. Sky q silver

profile.country.GB.title
zAndy1uk
Explorer

And my worry is what happens if Sony don't fix it and retailers continue to take the stance the tvs aren't faulty cos it's a software issue,  up ***** creek without a paddle then aren't we... 

chrgray

John Lewis tried the "it's a software problem" excuse with me.  My advice, always call it FIRMWARE, and correct them when they call it software, and explain that a TV only works if the firmware works. Hardware and Firmware work together.

Must be time for Sony to offer a cast-iron promise that they will either fix this, or offer refunds.

frankie1g

Yes totally correct with firmware is a black scree