Join now - be part of our community!

Software update via stick: no on-screen instructions!

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
johndolphin2
Visitor

Software update via stick: no on-screen instructions!

Please can anyone suggest how to update my BRAVIA software.  It downloaded fine onto my FAT32 memory stick, but I'm getting no on-screen instructions.  I do get USB device detected etc and the unzipped file folder is visible to the BRAVIA.  How though to activate the update please?  I'm missing something.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi johndolphin2,

Are you sure you unzipped the zip file correctly because the folder that you should copy to the USB should be called sony_dtv0FA00A00A0A0_00020100 :thinking:

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi johndolphin2,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Could you let us know which model Bravia you have please.?

Bravia55HX

Hi,

followthe instructions in the link below, disregard the model it was intended for and follow the procedure, its the same for all bravias.

http://support.sony-europe.com/tvhc/downloads/downloads.aspx?site=odw_en_GB&f=FW_Bravia4107EUL&ch=7&...

johndolphin2
Visitor

Thanks for your swift response.  The TV is a 32EX503.  The folder name on my USB stick is "sony_tvupdate_2010_0507_eul_", unzipped from the download today via my Vista laptop.  Software version on TV is "PKG4.074EUL-0108".  After insertion of the stick into the TV I see no on-screen instructions.  Thank you.

johndolphin2
Visitor

@Bravia55HX923:  I followed the instructions exactly but after step 2 there no instructions appeared on the TV's screen.  Also no other sign of an update trying to take place.

Bravia55HX

Hi again,

i thought you might have checked that, sorry. its been a while since i did one via USB and im sure when i did it just went straight on, it should not be a difficult process at all.

if you still have trouble and you dont have a dongle, hard wire it to your router and wait for it to notify you of an update and do it that way.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi johndolphin2,

Are you sure you unzipped the zip file correctly because the folder that you should copy to the USB should be called sony_dtv0FA00A00A0A0_00020100 :thinking:

johndolphin2
Visitor

The containing folder name is "sony_tvupdate_2010_0507_eul_".  Inside is the folder you mention ("sony_dtv0FA00A00A0A0_00020100").  Damn & Blast!  I misread the instructions on the Sony website, despite checking I should think about 10 times!  Very many thanks.  Sorry to be such a pest.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're no a pest it's an easy mistake to make, glad you've managed to resolve the problem..:smileyhappy: